This is how birds work.
Katy Perry’s “Dark Horse” sang in 20 different styles
- 0.00 - Katy Perry
- 0:08 - Nirvana
- 0:15 - Queen
- 0:22 - Michael Jackson
- 0:30 - ‘N Sync
- 0:43 - Iron Maiden
- 0:57 - Jamiroquai
- 1:07 - Pantera
- 1:13 - Frank Sinatra
- 1:29 - Metallica
- 1:35 - Pavarotti
- 1:43 - The Doors
- 2:00 - Run D.M.C
- 2:08 - Tech N9ne
- 2:16 - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- 2:21 - Slipknot
- 2:26 - Louis Prima
- 2:32 - Boyz II Men
- 2:51 - Type 0 Negative
- 3:14 - John Mayer
This is EXQUISITE
This is the greatest fucking thing omfg
THE FUCKING TYPE O PART.
??? this is so good???????
things get heated between the canadians and the americans
*ANGRY CANADIAN NOISES*
Plastic milk bags are recyclable. They are easier to transport to and sort at the recycling facility than large jugs.
Before recycling, they’re also highly reusable. Food grade plastic bags are useful for storing cheese and veggies; just cut them open and wash thoroughly in hot soapy water.
*Intense screaming* WHAT MY HUSBAND SAID ^
And guess what! I AM AMERICAN (in Canada). Let me fucking tell you about milk in bags, because they so much better than jugs. Less of the milk touches air at any point than a jug of milk which you’ve had a glass out of because the milk bag is very skinny. Your bags of milk come 3 in a bigger bag, and those other bags that you don’t open stay fresh longer than if you had a whole gallon and opened it. IF YOU DROP A GALLON OF MILK WITH THE CAP ON, CHANCES ARE PRETTY DAMN HIGH THE CAP WILL POP OFF ANYWAY. So don’t give me that shit. Also, for threaded milk caps on plastic jugs, you always get that nasty crusty milk. You do not ever get that with bagged milk.
As someone who grew up 24 years of their life with jugs of milk, after living in Canada just over a year, I will fucking tell you that bagged milk is better. Less fucking waste, everyone recycles here, I know douchebags in the states that purposefully don’t recycle just to be assholes. So even if people recycle jugs, in the US a LOT of them are going in the landfills. If the same number of people here didn’t recycle and threw away all their milk bags, not nearly as big of a deal since they are completely flat and barely use up any plastic.
And apparently it uses 75% less plastic.
August Brazil Nut….
september sandwich cookie
September Toffee Cornetto
April Apple…Not going to lie, if I was a woman I’d use it.
January Peanut Butter Sandwich.
May Grilled Mac and Cheese…
How do you make the flowers for the flower crown? like specifically what material is it? Its super cool and I want to make one I just don't know what I need.
Hmm, I just reblogged it from another site, but I think I can help you in terms of what to buy and how to do it. If you click the link, it’ll take you to the complete photo post that shows you what you need. In any event, here’s the list:
- Nail polish
- Floral wire, a thin bendable wire is ideal. 26 Gauge is fine.
- Floral Tape
- Wire cutters/scissors
- a pencil or cylindrical object to wrap the petals around
- Ribbon (optional)
- First, you’re gonna need to make the crown. You can do this by using the wire you already have or you can use an old headband or anything that you like that resembles a headpiece. Thicker wire is also fine for this step. As you can see, OP twisted two pieces of wire together and left loops at the end (to attach the ribbon). Then they covered it in brown floral tape.
- The second step is to make the flowers. Using your pencil/cylindrical object, twist the wire around it to create a ‘petal’. Repeat this until you have at least a couple of petals. 3-6 is usually fine, it’s really your call.
- SLIGHTLY bend the petals back to create a natural looking petal.
- After you are satisfied with the shape of your petals, cut out your flower, leaving some wire left to attach it to your crown.
- Repeat the first few steps and make the rest of your flowers.
- Take one of your flowers and CAREFULLY apply nail polish to it, one petal at a time. Think of it like making bubbles. It may be easier to pour the nail polish in a flat plate and dip it, or dip the entire flower into the polish.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- Twist the two ends of your flowers together to form a ‘stem’.
- Wrap the stems with floral tape, preferably with the same color you used in the base of the crown.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- The third step will be attaching the flowers to your crown. You can do this a few ways. One way is to wrap the stems around the crown. Another way is to just wrap the stems with floral tape as you go along, like the OP did.Do this until all your flowers have been attached to your crown.
- At this point, you can tie the ribbons to the loops like OP did, or decorate it any other way you like. :)
Enjoy your new floral crown!
- You can purchase most of the items in Walmart, Michael’s or any craft or flower store. You can also order it online. :)
- REMEMBER, this tutorial is just a guide. If you don’t want to use brown floral tape or if you prefer using the green floral wire, don’t be afraid to change it up. You can use any color or material your heart desires.
This is the link to the DIY Floral Crown post.
Sorry for replying late. I hope this helps you with making your own crown. :)
holy shit this nail polish thing is so clever! 8O
This would be an amazing way to use up old nail polish…
Join team Equius<3Tavros for the Homestuck Shipping World Cup. It is a summer long event to produce whatever fanworks you can come up with based on theme for your team, or for bonus rounds - other teams. Sign ups are until May 8th.
We currently have the qualifying 5 members, but we would like to have more.
We also have a group Skype chat, so please let me know if you would like to join and I will add you.
Current team Equius<3Tavros members:
Relationships: Eridan Ampora/Equius Zahhak, Eridan Ampora & Original Troll Character
Characters: Equius Zahhak, Eridan Ampora, Original Troll Character(s)
Additional Tags: Alternate Universe - No Sgrub Session, Provincial Life in the Alternian Empire, Wry Internal Monologuing, Not A Very Serious Fic
Summary: In which Equius and Eridan cross paths as adults. For now, mostly involves Equius being dismayed by life in the Alternian colonies. Though really just in this one in particular.
[Chapter 5 up!]
Really good fic for those of you who love the world building aspect of Homestuck.
D »—> This will have to suffice
The spread of the black death.
Poland, tell us your secret.
Poland is the
If I remember correctly, Poland’s secret is that the jews where being blamed all over europe (as usual) as scapegoats for the black plague. Poland was the only place that accepted Jewish refugees, so pretty much all of them moved there.
Now, one of the major causes of getting the plague was poor hygiene. This proved very effective for the plague because everyone threw their poop into the streets because there were no sewers, and literally no one bathed because it was against their religion. Unless they were jewish, who actually bathed relatively often. When all the jews moved to Poland, they brought bathing with them, and so the plague had little effect there.
Milan survived by quarantining its city and burning down the house of anyone showing early symptoms, with the entire family inside it.
I reblogged this tons of times, but the Milan info is new.
Damn Italy, you scary.
Poland: “Hey, feeling a bit down? Have a quick wash! There, you see? All better”
Milan: “Aw, feeling a bit sick are we? BURN MOTHERFUCKER, BURN!!!!!”
Also, this might have something to do with it: from what I understand, O blood type is uncommonly… common in Poland. Something to do with large families in small villages and a LOT of intermarriage. The black plague was caused by a bacterium that produced, in its waste in the human body, wastes that very closely mimic the “B” marker sugars on red blood cells that keep the body from attacking its own immune system. Anyone who has a B blood type had an immune system that was naturally desensitized to the presence of the bacterium, and therefore was more prone to developing the disease. Anyone who had an O type was doubly lucky because the O blood type means the total absence of ANY markers, A or B, meaning that their bodys’ immune system would react quickly and violently against the invaders, while someone with an A may show symptoms and recover more slowly, while someone with B would have just died. Because O is a recessive blood type, it shows in higher numbers when more people who carry the recessive genes marry other people who also carry the recessive gene. Poland, which has a nearly 700 year history of being conquered by or partnering with every other nation in the surrounding area, was primarily an agricultural country, focused around smaller, farming communities where people were legally tied to, and required to work, “their” land, and so historically never “spread” their genes across a large area. The economy was, and had been, unstable for a very long period of time leading up to the plague, the government had been ineffective and had very little reach in comparison to the armies of the other countries around for a very very long time, and so its people largely remained in small communities where multiple generations of cross-familial inbreeding could have allowed for this more recessive gene to show up more frequently. Thus, there could be a higher percentage of O blood types in any region of the country, guaranteeing less spread of the illness and moving slower when it did manage to travel. Combine this with the fact that there were very few large, urban centers where the disease would thrive, and with the above facts, and you’ve got a lovely recipe for avoiding the plague.
Interestingly enough, as a result from the plague, the entirety of Europe now has a higher percentage of people with O blood type than any other region of the world.
WHY IS THIS ALL SO COOL
When Tumblr teaches you more about the plague than 12 years of school ever did.
Just to throw a nod in, as a medieval historian, this is all credible, and is the leading theory as to the plagues effectiveness at this point. So. Enjoy your new knowledge!